The Perfect Gift 2017 Beneficiaries
Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware
Children’s Beach House
Children & Families First
Delaware Center for Horticulture
Delaware Children’s Museum
The Delaware Contemporary
Delaware Guidance Services for Children and Youth, Inc.
Delaware Hospice, Inc.
Family Counseling Center of St. Paul’s
Food Bank of Delaware
Friendship House, Inc.
Friends of Wilmington Parks
Girls on the Run of Delaware, Inc.
Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay
The Grand Opera House
Habitat for Humanity of New Castle County
Jefferson Awards Foundation
Lutheran Community Services
Mental Health Association of Delaware
The Ministry of Caring, Inc.
Nativity Preparatory School of Wilmington
Neighborhood House, Inc.
Newark Area Welfare Committee
Newark Day Nursery and Children’s Center
The Pilot School
Rodney Street Tennis & Tutoring Association
Shoes That Fit-Delaware Chapter
The SmartDrive Foundation
TeenSHARP, Inc. Delaware
Tennis Rocks Tutoring and Music Association
TRIAD Addiction Recovery Services
Warriors Helping Warriors, Inc.
West End Neighborhood House
YWCA Delaware, Inc.
The Christmas Shop Foundation welcomes requests from established non-profit organizations for the funding of specific charitable, cultural or educational needs or programs which enhance the quality of life in the State of Delaware. Please carefully review the Application/Funding Procedure including the important dates involved in the application process. Grants are based on revenue raised at our annual Perfect Gift event.
Please note: The Christmas Shop Foundation does not fund capital drives, on-going expenses such as heating, salaries or other administrative expenses.
GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Requests for applications will be accepted June 1 through September 28, 2018. Please mail requests and a copy of your IRS 501(c)3 determination letter to:
Kim Davis, Allocations Chair
The Christmas Shop Foundation
PO Box 4184
Wilmington, DE 19807-0184
Applications (in duplicate) must be postmarked by November 15, 2018. We will not send applications or receive completed applications by e-mail or fax.
Please be prepared to provide the following information during the application process:
- A brief description of your organization's mission
- Program focus and population served
- Program/project description
- Program/project budget
- Program/project evaluation methods and project outcomes
- Your contact information
Additionally, you will be asked to provide the following documents:
- The current organization budget and recent audited financial statements
- A list of board members and their affiliations
- A copy of your IRS 501(c)3 determination letter
If your organization was previously funded. Please submit via mail a 2017 Beneficiary Report postmarked no later than December 31, 2018. Report should be directed to Allocations Chairman. Late applications will not be considered for funding. Your application will be referred to a member of our Allocations Committee for review.
- A committee person will arrange to visit your agency to discuss your programs with you and a member of your board, if possible.
- The visit will take place in January and February 2019, and will assist our committee with its final review.
- Decisions concerning grants will be made in March 2019, and agencies will be notified by March 30.
The Christmas Shop Foundation offers grants based off revenue generated from our annual event The Perfect Gift, to many types of organizations, including, but not limited to, those that support:
- Civic Affairs
- Health Care
- Human Services
In general, the Christmas Shop Foundation, does not award grants to:
- Organizations that lack the 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Political organizations, candidates or lobbying efforts
- Fraternal organizations
- Sports teams
- National or international organizations, unless their programs have significant local impact
- Capital campaigns or expenditures